Lady Mustangs close win against the Lady Trojans

Sophomore+Lauren+Smith%2C+for+varsity%2C+saves+the+ball+from+hitting+the+floor+by+spiking+it+over+the+net.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore Lauren Smith, for varsity, saves the ball from hitting the floor by spiking it over the net.

Christie Nah, Co-Editor

The Lady Mustangs played district oponent Newman-Smith High School on Friday, Sept. 22.

• The Varsity team huddles together for a brief time out during the second game. As the time passed, the Lady Mustangs quickly caught up to the Lady Trojans and managed to win the second game. When the whistle blew toward the end of the second game, “I shouted and cheered,” junior varsity Bianka Rojas said. “That game motivated us to win the next game.”

• Junior varsity Kaeyla Hulsebus encourages her teammates as they proceed to the third game against the Lady Trojans. “My blood was like boiling with excitement and I was so ready to beat that round,” Hulsebus said. Once the referee blew the whistle, the Lady Mustangs had their game faces ready as they were determined to beat the Lady Trojans.

• Sophomore Lauren Smith, for varsity, saves the ball from hitting the floor by spiking it over the net.

• Junior varsity Libero Jasmine Macias prepares herself to dive in for the ball as the Lady Trojans begin to serve the ball over. “Honestly, I was pretty nervous since this was our last round but we all managed to pull through for a while,” Macias said. The Lady Mustangs fell short towards the end of the fourth game, ending in a five-point set loss at 25-20.