Homecoming parade enhances school spirit

Senior+varsity+volleyball+Rachel+Bates+waves+to+their+friends+and+family+from+the+Varsity+Volleyball+float+during+the+parade.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior varsity volleyball Rachel Bates waves to their friends and family from the Varsity Volleyball float during the parade.

Christie Nah

Christie Nah

Christie Nah

Christie Nah, Co-Editor

From class hallway decorations, mum and garter exchanges, dress up days, to a homecoming game, and of course the annual parade, homecoming week is a time full of school spirit.

The homecoming parade took place on Friday. This year’s theme, Spooky Stangs, was prepared and presented by students, parents, and teachers in vast varieties of school departments.

Starting near Blalack Middle School, the parade marched up the street of E Peters Colony Road and entered through the main entrance of CHS.

The parade opened with the Chevals and the Marching Band as it does every year, following the Wranglers in their noted entrance on scooters.

“It was pretty cool riding our scooters next to the chevals,” senior Wrangler Jorge Gomez said. “Most importantly, it was nice to be part of the parade this year.”

Several school activities, sports, and clubs made appearances in the parade as well as the introduction of the nominees of the homecoming court.

“It felt weird standing on top of a truck while waving at the people around me, ” junior Jesse Cho said. “But it was a once in a lifetime thing for a high schooler and I’m glad I got to experience it as this year’s hoco prince.”

The parade had a large turn out as participants welcomed a chance to show their community pride.

The parade concluded with the CHS football teams who were in preparation for the big homecoming game on Friday night against The Colony Cougars.

After the end of the parade, the homecoming pep rally was held and announced the winners of the best floats.

Notable floats include the varsity girls soccer team, who won first place and the prize for the best use of Spooky Stangs theme. The varsity softball team’s float won second place.

“We spent so much time and effort on our float,” junior Heidi Mast said. “We’ve won every year and winning again this year means a lot in our soccer team.”