Student Voice of Creekview HS

Mustang Media

A New Generation of Legends

Bottom row left to right: Tayla Carey, Jesslyn McLaughlin, Jessica Hausmann, Rose Edelman, Ben Gonzales, Insha Noorani, Stella Galarza.
Top row left to right: Hasoo Eun, Samuel Park, Josiah Willis, Makayla Landberg, Jakob Jeter, Claire Cathey.

Bottom row left to right: Tayla Carey, Jesslyn McLaughlin, Jessica Hausmann, Rose Edelman, Ben Gonzales, Insha Noorani, Stella Galarza. Top row left to right: Hasoo Eun, Samuel Park, Josiah Willis, Makayla Landberg, Jakob Jeter, Claire Cathey.

Izzy Smith, Co-Editor-in-Chief

With the school year in full swing, our teams, clubs, and other organizations welcome new and returning members. One of these organizations is Legends, a show choir that typically opens at choir concerts. They recently performed at the choir coffee house in September.

“It’s my first year in Legends so it’s kind of a new experience for me,” sophomore Benjamin Gonzales said. “I’ve never really had anything like this, so it’s really exciting to try out new things.”

Gonzales said that it makes him feel special to be a part of Legends as an underclassmen since it is usually only for juniors and seniors.

“My goals are to see what I can do and how I can get involved in choir,” Gonzales said.

Senior Josiah Willis is returning for his second year in Legends.

“It’s definitely bittersweet because I’m leaving behind what I’ve been a part of for a couple years now,” Willis said. “But it’s also exciting because I get to look ahead at what I’ve got planned for my future.”

Willis said that although he is pursuing pastoral studies and not choir in his future, he is motivated to continue to work hard in Legends, especially since it is his last year.

Senior Makayla Landberg is also a second year returning member in Legends.

“Knowing it’s my last year does motivate me to improve and work harder because I want to be remembered as the person that worked hard everyday,” Landberg said.

Landberg said her goal for this year is to get done what needs to get done, but to still make sure the group makes memories and has fun while they’re doing it.

“It’s going to be hard to leave this because throughout the year you grow close to everyone in Legends with you, and it’s going to be hard not getting to see them everyday next year,” Landberg said.

Members from Legends will be participating in “High School Musical” on November 3 – 5, and at the Winter Choir Concert on December 12.