The Festive Creepshow

Freshman+Alec+Arevaios+was+in+charge+of+running+the+%E2%80%9CBobbing+for+Apples%E2%80%9D+game.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Festive Creepshow

Freshman Alec Arevaios was in charge of running the “Bobbing for Apples” game.

Jannat Malik, Staff Member

The theater department’s annual haunted house, called the “Creekview Creepshow,” was held on October 20. Laughs, smiles and screams were shared throughout the festive event.

First time spectator junior Tatiana Rios said she believed that the event was impressive from the moment she arrived.

“It honestly was all so real to me when I walked in,” Rios said. “The actors performed very well and didn’t break character at all.”

The Creepshow had a haunted carnival theme including a maze set up with games, dark lights, loud screaming, and iconic horror characters.

Appearances were made by characters such as killer clowns, a crazy fortune teller, and a savage lizard man.

“At first, I really didn’t know how to embody a lizard,” junior Kendall Johnson, who was a performer, said, “but as soon as I got the makeup, gills, and bald cap on, I was ready to go.”

Johnson also said that while in character he would reach out and poke spectators as they walked by to scare them more. Rios was one person who got spooked.

“If I were to rate it, I’d give it a 8 out of 10,” Rios said. “The only reason I would give it a 8 and not a 10, is because I covered my eyes and ears.”